Favs

Jen's off-the-charts-incredible book montage

Partials
The Sea of Tranquility
Forbidden
Every Day
Shiver
Delirium
Fragments
Boundless
A Day in the Afterlife of Tod
If I Die
Clockwork Princess
A Monster Calls
Snowscape
Hopeless
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Gather Together in My Name
Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
The Heart of a Woman
Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now
Days of Blood and Starlight


Jen's favorite books »

Monday, November 4, 2013

Frigid

Frigid (Frigid, #1)Frigid by J. Lynn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Boy and girl are best friends. Girl loves boy, boy loves girl but is a player. Boy and girl get trapped in a blizzard. Weird stuff happens. Weird stuff and relationship gets resolved. The end.

There you go, except for lots of sex. Which is fine in this sort of a book, and to be expected - your typical romance from Jennifer Armentrout. She's an expert at this sort of story. There's a bit of honesty and apprehension, each of the characters has a preconception that the other one misconstrues. This creates tension and moves the story along. And honestly, that would have been enough.

And then there's the weird stuff. Why the weird stuff? There didn't seem to be a point to it. The side characters involved in the weird stuff weren't well-developed. It's as if it was an afterthought - c'mon J. Lynn. Your main characters are plenty interesting enough. There's no need for crazy weird stuff to happen.

This was a quick read but decidedly more shallow than others I've read. It's your standard romance novel. Nuff said - except for this: that guy on the cover has to be freezing, standing there with his shirt open. I mean, I know he's hot and all, but . . .

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment