Favs

Jen's off-the-charts-incredible book montage

Partials
The Sea of Tranquility
Forbidden
Every Day
Shiver
Delirium
Fragments
Boundless
A Day in the Afterlife of Tod
If I Die
Clockwork Princess
A Monster Calls
Snowscape
Hopeless
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Gather Together in My Name
Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
The Heart of a Woman
Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now
Days of Blood and Starlight


Jen's favorite books »

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Saga, Volume 1

Saga, Volume 1Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is one interesting book. It's an adult comic. Key word there: adult. This book isn't for young kids.

Narrated from a child's perspective, it is the story of her life from the day she's born through about the first couple of weeks of her life. It is the first in a series, so the story of her life will continue in succeeding volumes.

It involves her parents Alana and Marko, each from warring factions from which they are attempting to flee. There are robot people, assassins and bounty hunters, lots of blood and gore, a brothel planet, lots of politics, and creepy ghost children that are really kind of nice people overall.

The best part for me was the relationship between Alana, a total badass, and Marko, a reformed badass who's now a pacifist. Or struggling to be one, until you threaten his daughter or wife (in which case he reverts to total badass status).

I only gave it 3 stars, but that's simply because I am not the intended audience. I think for an adult who loves comics and sci-fi graphic novels, this would be perfect. It was just a little too out there for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment