Favs

Jen's off-the-charts-incredible book montage

Partials
The Sea of Tranquility
Forbidden
Every Day
Shiver
Delirium
Fragments
Boundless
A Day in the Afterlife of Tod
If I Die
Clockwork Princess
A Monster Calls
Snowscape
Hopeless
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Gather Together in My Name
Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
The Heart of a Woman
Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now
Days of Blood and Starlight


Jen's favorite books »

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Crossing the Line

Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This little novella was tacked onto the end of an ARC of Take Me On. The characters were introduced in the first book of the series, Pushing the Limits.

McGarry is expert at following YA characters faced with fear, emotional damage and the consequences of their actions both good and bad. She does the same thing here and it's wonderful. The story, although a novella, didn't feel rushed at all. There was less depth, sure, but overall a heart-warming peek at some likable characters. I was cheering them on, especially in one scene that involved retribution for stupidity. You have to love it when the girl gets the guy - and not in the traditional sense.

I really hope they do a cover change on these books. They are obviously marketed to girls even though the subject matter is often interesting to both male and female audiences. Just because it's a romance doesn't mean guys wouldn't enjoy things like kickboxing and cars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment