Favs

Jen's off-the-charts-incredible book montage

Partials
The Sea of Tranquility
Forbidden
Every Day
Shiver
Delirium
Fragments
Boundless
A Day in the Afterlife of Tod
If I Die
Clockwork Princess
A Monster Calls
Snowscape
Hopeless
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Gather Together in My Name
Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
The Heart of a Woman
Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now
Days of Blood and Starlight


Jen's favorite books »

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Time's Echo (Chronos Files #1.5)

Time's Echo (The Chronos Files, #1.5)Time's Echo by Rysa Walker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novella made me fall in love with the character of Kiernan all over again. It's written from his perspective and follows some of the key events from Timebound, the first book in this series. Reading it a second time through raised all sorts of questions in my mind about how the series will end, which is the mark of a very good book. I want to know more!

Nick Podehl is absolutely amazing with his narration. The soft Irish accent of Kiernan combined with all the other character voices was just delightful. It wouldn't have sounded half as good with any other narrator.

The time travel in this particular book is still complex but not difficult to follow. The idea of running into one's self and having to reconcile different sets of memories is far clearer; it lends itself well to the idea that the bad guys really are insane.

I can't wait to move on to the next book in the series. The story is so unpredictable that I'm anxious to see what happens next - and that's saying something about a book. On to more Kate and Kiernan!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment