Favs

Jen's off-the-charts-incredible book montage

Partials
The Sea of Tranquility
Forbidden
Every Day
Shiver
Delirium
Fragments
Boundless
A Day in the Afterlife of Tod
If I Die
Clockwork Princess
A Monster Calls
Snowscape
Hopeless
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Gather Together in My Name
Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
The Heart of a Woman
Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now
Days of Blood and Starlight


Jen's favorite books »

Monday, March 18, 2013

THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX

The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely adore this book.

Where do I begin? The slow awakening of a person who is realising that she's a person. The introspection. The observation -- I think it's the observation that grabbed me the most. The development of odd relationships. The insight, and the growth into response.

I know I'm being vague here, but honestly, that's just what I loved about this book. I didn't expect this and was really bowled over. I think I expected more sci-fi, more of a straight-line story with lots of action. Oh, no. This is a slower -- not dull, it's well-paced -- unwrapping of philosophical issues about identity.

I especially liked the way Jenna looked up words and defined them. I love the way her relationship with Lily evolves. I love the way she grows into herself and becomes someone else.

Do yourself a favor and listen to this on audio. Jenna Lamia reads it and she's fabulous.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment