Favs

Jen's off-the-charts-incredible book montage

Partials
The Sea of Tranquility
Forbidden
Every Day
Shiver
Delirium
Fragments
Boundless
A Day in the Afterlife of Tod
If I Die
Clockwork Princess
A Monster Calls
Snowscape
Hopeless
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Gather Together in My Name
Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
The Heart of a Woman
Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now
Days of Blood and Starlight


Jen's favorite books »

Friday, March 15, 2013

THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE

The Sky Is EverywhereThe Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is absolutely delightful.

I laughed. I cried a bit. I laughed some more.

I loved the characters, all of them, and the honesty between them.

I loved all the wonderful word pictures. Call the literary devices what you will - it was beautifully done.

I loved the poems, the pieces of things she'd write (even though that did make her a little strange).

I'm looking forward to more from Jandy Nelson. I read a book by Sarah Dressen just after this and was left wanting - so formulaic, so cut out of a pattern - which this book is decidedly not. It is surprising and funny and warm and, well, delightful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment